Sunday, September 26, 2010

rollin', rollin', rollin'...

We are ready to roll! I am so sad to be saying goodbye to the mountains, but I am looking forward to getting back to our home in Florida. We are all packed up and the time is here!! I actually love road trips, as does Mark. I like seeing the changing landscape and having the time sitting next to my hubby sharing new experiences and talking... well maybe not as much this time! Gavin is riding along too! I know, wish us luck!! But I think I am well prepared and well stocked for our drive across the country. I have been collecting toys and activities from Target, consignment shops and from my own creations. I have many button pushing toys, which I usually hate, but they keep Gavin entertained. A keyboard/ "Brainy Baby" laptop toy, driving wheel that plays songs, animal see n' say to name a few.


I also have put together a lap desk full of paper, crayons and stickers and a magnetic board full of fun magnets to play with. We have Gavin's magna doodle, a dry erase board, cars and trucks and other small toys.

I also made a book of of pictures of everyone in our family. Gavin loves to look at pictures and name the different people in them so I thought this would help to keep him entertained too.



 











Oh, and I have TONS of books.

We are going to try to keep to a some what schedule-- breakfast in the car, 1-1 1/2 hour break at lunch time, snack in the car, 1-1 1/2 hour break for dinner and then hopefully Gavin will get tired for bed and fall asleep soon after.We may adjust this as we see how things go. I have a bag packed for picnics or just a stop outside with toys, hats and a blanket.


And this is our ride!! Imagine us for 4 days on the road in this!

Like I said wish us luck and if you have any advice PLEASE send it my way!!

Here we come Florida!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment