Thursday, September 23, 2010

summer projects...

I know this will look like nothing to some people, but to me it is a BIG deal that I was able to complete some long over due projects this summer. With everything we have going on it is hard for me to find blocks of time to work on something. I am hoping to have more time this winter to accomplish more fun, especially creative, projects.

The first project I had to accomplish was organizing all my recipes. I love to collect tons of recipes from magazines, friends and the internet, but keeping them neat is a challenge. A couple of years ago I created these books to hold all of my recipes. One for recipe cards and the other for recipes pulled out of magazines. It helps to not have to write out the recipe on a new card. Instead I just three hole punch the page and into the binder it goes.




The problem I have, I think it is being right brained, I don't keep up with this system. I tend to let my new recipes pile up in a huge pile. You should have seen THIS pile before I tamed it!!

Along with recipes I also like to pull out other topics from magazines that I want to remember or do one day. I have a folder for decorating and design ideas (something I love to do), but I now had a whole bunch of other stuff. I created this file folder with headings- such as crafts, kids, holidays, organization (yes I cut out ideas for organization. I try!). Now I have all my ideas and things I want to accomplish in one place!





The last project I wanted to accomplish was my biggest priority. I had not done a baby book for Gavin! We moved when he was about 3 months old and with all the chaos of a new move and new business it never got done. I have felt SO guilty. So I took advantage of Mark traveling this summer and accomplished this...





I have to admit. Even though I love to do art I am not good at scrap booking. I have a hard time with all the stickers, paper, frames and such. It is all just too busy for my liking. But luckily I was able to find Martha Stewart's line of scrapbook supplies at Michael's Crafts. (I think it is available at Walmart too). Her line fit my taste perfectly and I came up with this book I hope Gavin will treasure.







i made this collage using kodak's website to conclude gavin's first year



Talking about projects I have to share this craft from my friends blog on felt monogramming. I LOVE this idea! After our move I am hoping to attempt this. Thought I would share! She posts the cutest things!
Well I am off to attempt to be productive today. I have had a hard time the past couple of days with SO much to do. We leave for Florida next week!! But how, when I am trying to pack, say no to this...



when he wants to play with these...




:) Hope you all have a good day and get sidetracked a little enjoying life!!





1 comment: