Thursday, September 2, 2010

ah tomorrow...

I can not explain to you how much I am looking forward to tomorrow! Tomorrow I get to pick Mark up from the airport after his last trip to Florida for the summer!! He has been traveling back every other week to check on our businesses there, but tomorrow it is over! I am looking forward to my husband being home for dinner every night, having him next to me in bed and enjoying family time together. Mark has worked SO hard for us this summer and I am so proud of him. He has sacrificed free time, mental calmness and even sleep to provide for us and I can not thank him enough. He is an amazing man and I feel blessed to be married to him.


Gavin LOVES going to the airport too. He knows the routine. We first drive by the big horse sculpture that he is OBSESSED with at the entrance of DIA. It is the wildest horse sculpture ever! It is pretty intense!!! Actually a lot of people in Denver despise the sculpture. It makes me proud, the former art teacher, that my son likes a far out piece of art! Even when we are home he calls out, "Big, blue, neigh, eyes..." because the horse's eyes shine red. Wild, right? The other day we pulled up videos of the horse. I have included one video here. He went NUTS watching them! We joke that we are going to give him nightmares. After the horse we watch airplanes before we go inside to meet Daddy. He waits at the window in the terminal and watches for Mark to come  up the escalator while saying over and over, "Da da, Da da." When Mark finally appears he usually screams and runs to meet him. I can't wait!! After that we are heading to Cheyenne to visit are very good friends Gretchen and Jason. They are two VERY special people. Last time they came to visit us they arrived with groceries in hand and cooked us dinner. Who does that? They do!


I hope everyone has a happy Labor Day weekend enjoying it with people you love. And yes, I think summer is on its way out. I saw frost on the grass here yesterday morning, chain laws are in effect on I70 and I saw a few yellow aspen leaves appearing last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment