Thursday, September 16, 2010

whew...

What a week! I was hoping to have some pictures to share with you in this post, but it has been too crazy to even take pictures!! I always think it is amazing how you plan life a certain way and then life reminds you that you really can't plan anything!! We arrived at the beginning of the week eager to get a lot done on our house, BUT it is interesting to see how your home has survived after having renters living in it for 18 months. To make a long story short we discovered our pool and carpets were trashed. No biggy... Mark works wonders in the pool care world and carpets can be replaced. Well... after the carpets were installed, pool was being repaired, we happily began unpacking boxes. The first day I was resting on our couch when I noticed a tick crawling up my leg... hmmm... I thought. The second day I noticed a SECOND tick on me and again I thought hmmm... maybe we have a problem. Well that evening my family came to help us and immediately we noticed ticks everywhere!! On our legs, pants, walls, floor even on Gavin's neck! My uncle who spent most of his life in Kansas just kept on saying, "Well aaallll be..." So... life reminded me yet again that you never can count on your perfectly layed out plan. We are now at war with the ticks that have taken over our hose, but I am thinking we are winning. Not as much stuff has been unpacked... sheets are not on the beds for when we return at the end of the month, but what can you do other than laugh!! Even with all the busyness we still had time to visit with our family, who are amazing, celebrate Mark's Grandpa's 92nd brithday and I even took Gavin to a play & learn program at the library today. WHEW!!! What a week. I will come back with more details later. One thing I am getting excited about is I am DETEMINED to be organized in our home. I have been buying some items to help and I will have to share.

It's back to the mountains tomorrow to savor our last couple weeks, and fall!!... oh yeah... and about my last post... we forgot the stroller when we went to the airport!! So much for being prepared and ready. Luckily it worked out just fine :). Oh life... you KILL me sometimes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment