Tuesday, September 7, 2010

...mmmm chili

What a day! We are getting ready to fly to Florida on Thursday. I can not wait! I am so excited to see family, friends and our house!! We are going to start moving in this weekend. Our stuff is being delivered after being in storage for 4 months. I have learned that stuff is just stuff, but I am excited to see our stuff! We have been working crazily to pack for our move and our trip on Thursday. Not wanting to sacrifice anything I got the boy to the park today, got Polly for a hike, got dinner on the table and am now blogging! I can't type for too long... I gotta snuggle with Mark on the couch still and watch Entourage!

Before I crash for the night I wanted to share my chili recipe I told you about yesterday. I have to thank Mark and his family for it! It is very yummy! It is actually a recipe after the chili at Wendy's. The weather turned cold here over the weekend. I hope as the weather cools off where you are you can enjoy this chili too... or while you enjoy some Gator football!!

--Ooohhh pausing to watch the Dark Knight. It is the party scene at Bruce Wayne's house. My friend Meredith is an extra in this scene!!

Ok back to chili!:

Wendy's Chili

1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
2 Tbs. oil
1/2 tsp. salt
10 oz. can Campbell's French onion soup
2 Tbs.. chili powder
2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. black pepper
21 oz. can undrained chili beans
6 oz. can tomato paste
8 oz. can tomato sauce

Heat oil in skillet and add crumbled beef, sprinkle with salt. Pack firmly into pan and simmer, covered, 20 minutes. Zap onion soup in blender for 1 minute. Add to beef, mashing beef with fork until it looks like rice. Simmer 5 minutes, covered. Add chili powder, cumin and black pepper. Transfer to 2 1/2 qt. pot and add beans, tomato past and tomato sauce. Heat thoroughly 20 minutes to blend flavors, adding more chili powder if desired. Stir occasionally as it is heating through, being careful not to have the heat too high cuz the sugar in the tomato sauce will scorch.

Yield: 6 servings



You can see we have been enjoying it! Let me know if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment