Tuesday, March 22, 2011

gavin's room...

Finally... pictures of the sweet boy's room. He still LOVES it and I like how it turned out too!

We kept the baseball theme for his room so I re-used the photos of the baseball stadiums and his name in the Red Sox font that you saw here. I found really cute madras print shams at Potterybarn Kids that matched a quilt that was passed down in my family. I love the bright colors.
 Gavin LOVES his truck sheets. I hear him sometimes counting the excavators and dump trucks when he is supposed to be sleeping! These sheets were on sale at Potterybarn Kids and were a Christmas gift, just like the madras shams.
 Gavin's red chair was a Christmas gift from Santa, again from Potterybarn Kids. Boy I wish I still worked for Potterybarn and got my discount!!

 He also likes his new bookshelf and toy bucket shelf. Mark's mom found the bucket shelf at a garage sale and the bookshelf came from Ikea.
 I love his artwork cable that I actually, badly, snuck onto Teagan's registry to receive 10% off. But how cute is it and it holds all his wonderful creative creations!
 I do need to work on two things... the first is I have got to do something about a laundry bag. This is the one he is using now! Does it look familiar to anyone??!!
 I also need to figure out a way to cover these french doors, there are actually two to make a double french door. We started having a problem with Gavin peeking out behind the coverings when he was supposed to be in bed sleeping, the little pickle. Now I have them covered completely with paper taped to the window panes which is not to attractive. Any suggestions?
 Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. You have such a knack for pulling rooms together, Christy. I just love it. I particularly love how you mixed and matched themes (baseball bedding and truck sheets...brilliant!). As for the laundry bag, I'm still guilty of using my old Chi-O bag, too. If you're looking for a replacement, Target has adorable pop-up hampers that look like different animals. They are really cute. (And so are you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The room is cute but I think unrealistically tidy for a little boy's room. That's my only critique. Otherwise I love it.

    ReplyDelete