Monday, March 14, 2011

time to celebrate...

First, and update on my friend Anne. She is amazing. Surgery went well and she is actually going home tomorrow. I am so happy.

This has been a good week so far for our family too. Yesterday marked 36 weeks for my pregnancy! It is a milestone definitely to celebrate. I am so thankful to my doctors and family and friends for helping me get this far. I truly did not think I would still be pregnant right now! We have had so much help from taking care of Gavin, meals cooked, errands run and even notes and phone calls of support. I could not have baked this baby without all the love we have received. Thank you! I am now off bed rest too!! Even though the baby is not full term yet the doctors would still let her come and she should be fine. Our nerves can rest easier now. To celebrate Mark, Gavin and I took breakfast to the beach yesterday.


I did not want to wait till dinner!! Who knows what could happen! Actually we went to the hospital Saturday night thinking she was coming, but it was a false alarm. So yes, we grabbed bagels and headed for the beach. It was heaven!! That evening we spent more time outside letting the dogs play in the pool and Gavin splashed in his baby pool.

Today I am STILL pregnant and I do not want to be at home!! Gavin and I headed to Barnes and Noble so the Easter Bunny could secretly do some shopping while Gavin played at the train table. We then went to the park to meet some friends. It was fabulous!! It feels so weird to be up and about. My body is having to readjust. It feels a little tired and unsure after laying down for 5 weeks.


And I have never been this big and pregnant before! Now I know how other people feel getting bigger and waiting... Mark is especially ready and anxious and I got the go ahead from my dad too. He just wanted to be able to hit golf balls yesterday morning. Gavin is ready too. He told me this morning he loves Teagan. How sweet is that??!! I just hope he continues to feel that way! Saturday we finished the last few things in the nursery. Gavin helped raise the mattress on the crib. He is such a good big brother.


My perinatoligist said she was betting that I would make it to 36 weeks, and she was right! She said I might make it to 37, but she didn't think beyond that. We shall see!

1 comment:

  1. So soon! Hurry up and have that baby so you can open the box I sent you! We will be praying for all of the Bowers!

    ReplyDelete