Wednesday, February 2, 2011

milestones...

I have always felt milestones in Gavin's life with both happiness and pride AND tender sadness. When he was first born everyone, even strangers, told us how fast he would grow and now I tell new parents this same thing. Time really flies!! We are getting ready to embark on a new milestone, moving Gavin from his crib to a big bed. I can't believe it! Even though he is not attempting to climb out of his crib I think it is about time. He looks pretty big on his little mattress. And yes, we have to get it ready for his little sister! My mom and Mark painted his new room this weekend. and I am slowly setting everything up. Today, when I put Gavin down for a nap, he actually got upset and said he wanted to get in his new bed. I better finish things!! In my eyes he is still my little baby, but I think he is ready to become a big boy.

I can't believe it was a little over two years ago we were preparing this room for our sweet Gavin's arrival.


Luckily our renters did not paint the walls and we were able to set his room back the way it was. I will admit, it was the one room I had such a hard time packing. I cried! I am glad Gavin got to enjoy it after we moved back.

 We did a baseball theme for Gavin's room. The joke was that we chose sky blue and baseball diamond dirt orange for the walls. I was able to download of the Internet the same font the Boston Red Sox use and printed Gavin's name in it.
 I painted a plain white table cloth with a baseball, grass and ants.
 I also printed out pictures from the Internet of our favorite and most famous baseball stadiums. Fenway, the old Yankee, Wrigley, the old Tiger stadium and Coors Field are all included.
 Luckily this couch is white and Fenway green striped to fit into the design scheme. If anyone is not a Red Sox fan this color green is sacred to fans! You can actually find out the panetone number of this color!
I actually was glad to get some pictures for his baby book. I admit, things were too crazy when he was first born that I never took pictures before we moved!!

I will definitely share some pictures when his new room is completed... hopefully soon! I know Gavin is ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment