Thursday, February 24, 2011

up, up and away...

So sorry, I am still here!! I know I have had a lot of time on my hands being on bed rest, but it is hard to type on my side (the position I am supposed to lay) and Mark has been using the laptop a lot for work. The good news is that I am still pregnant. We did get another scare on Sunday. I went to the hospital again with more contractions and my condition was worse this time. I wasn't responding to medicine as quickly and actually was admitted to the hospital to spend the night. Just as Mark and I were getting settled in my room the nurse came in and told us that my belly had settled down for enough time and the doctor was sending me home. Yippy!! My bed felt so good that night! Things have stayed fairly quiet since with a few contractions here and there. I did see one of my doctors yesterday. I love him. He is Jamaican and has a very humorous, calming way abut him. I asked him if he thought this little girl was going to stay in for a while longer and he responded, "Well... I believe in the power of prayer." I couldn't help but laugh and say, "oh great....!!!" So, if you are not too busy, say a little prayer for me!!

Gavin is having a much better week than me. He is over at my mom and dad's this week so I can completely rest and Mark can work. My parent's picked him up in my dad's airplane on Tuesday. I talked to him about flying before he left and he informed me that he is Grandpa's co-pilot. So glad for that!!

 This is Gavin's serious thumb sucking routine. When he brings both hands up you know he needs some serious comfort. He rubs his upper lip. He must have been a bit nervous about performing his co-pilot duties.

I miss him dearly, but I know he is having a great time. I also know I have to move my mommying thoughts onto this little girl right now to get her baked. She lets me know she is doing good. It feels as if she is doing dance aerobics in my belly!!

1 comment: