Thursday, February 10, 2011

update... in the pursuit of baby baking...

Sorry for the delayed post this week, but life has been a little crazy. Life has made us check ourselves and reminded us that things are unpredictable. On Monday I went to the hospital with cramping, pain... and then contractions. I was actually very stubborn. I talked to my doctor's office in the early afternoon and was so upset when my doctor recommended me to go to the hospital. I told the nurse I really thought I was fine, that the pain was mild and I waited about 3 hours before heading to the hospital. As Mark and I were preparing to leave I had my first contraction. It kinda slapped me in the face and told me yes, my doctor was right!!! I continued to have contractions at the hospital, but they were able to stop them there and I got to go home after about 5 hours. But now... alas... I am on bed rest. I don't know why my body does this!!! I am not complaining though! Things could be SOOOO much worse and I am already blessed with being pregnant, I will do what ever I need to to keep this baby bakin'!!

Thank goodness for family and friends!! Mark's mom took care of Gavin on Monday, my friend took Gavin and her little girl Tuesday (to a carnival!) and yesterday, my mom is here now helping (our house is a disaster!!) and Mark's mom is helping again this weekend when I have to go back to the hospital for some medicine. I can not express how blessed I feel for my husband, family and friends. Everyone is pitching in. Mark is so amazing too. I could not even imagine a better husband. I am so lucky.

The only thing is... I am so antsy!!! You would think bed rest would be a gift, but I was ready to get up after about the first 2 hours! All my friends and family out there... call me... anytime... about anything... I am here!!!!!

I will try to continue to post new stuff other than what I am reading. Gavin did switch to his new room and big bed last Friday. I am dying to take some pictures and share them with you! He is doing great! He loves his new bed and is sleeping really well. He does love to look at books in bed when he is supposed to be sleeping though. Before we go to bed we always check on him and have to pull a huge stack off of his bed. His room also has french doors with glass windows. The second night he was sleeping in his new room Mark and I were watching a movie and all of a sudden Mark whispers to me, "there he is... he is looking at us..." And sure enough there was a little face peeking around his curtains at us. I had to do everything in my power not to laugh. What a little monkey... in his new big boy bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment