Monday, February 14, 2011

to my valentine...

I am a lucky girl. I woke up this morning to my Valentine greeting me in bed with a special valentine card just for me. I don't feel too special this year... big belly, in bed, but somehow my husband still finds me loveable... or so he says! Thank you Mark!! I dedicate this post to him. I know this is totally cliche' and stolen from someone else, but my husband completes me. I can't imagine my life without him and I don't feel whole unless I know he is near. Here are my other top ten reasons why I love my husband...

10.  He knows my past. Mark and I met when I was only 14 on the big yellow school bus. We truly grew up together and he totally gets stories of old friends, teachers, events, etc. I love being able to reminisce together.

9.  Even though it drives me nuts sometimes I love that he has such a spirit for life. He keeps things interesting with all his dreams and plans.



8.  He is the funniest person I know. He and I are able to laugh even during the oddest occasions. For example, I had to go to the hospital on Saturday and Sunday for some medicine and monitoring. I did NOT want to go! On Saturday Mark dropped me at the door of the hospital and went to go park the car. As I was waiting, all of a sudden I saw him flying around the corner wheeling as fast as he could in a wheel chair for me. He was flying down the street. He had ridden in it all the way from the parking garage down the ramp! He had the biggest, silliest smile on his face and I and the rest of the onlookers couldn't help, but laugh.


7.  He is the best daddy! He makes time to make Gavin feel so special and knows how to make him laugh more than anyone else. Right now, with me on bed rest, he has started to take Gavin to his weekly partners and play class for toddlers. He gets right in there with all the kids and moms playing and singing the songs.




6.  He is the best dad to the dogs too. Even though he might be so tired or busy he makes time to take them to the park, beach or play with them in the backyard.



5.  He cooks! When he has the time he makes the best concoctions. I especially love his popcorn and milkshakes.

4.  He works so hard for our family. While we were living full time in Colorado Mark sacrificed sleep, peace and mental well being to fly back and forth between Florida and Colorado every other week to keep all the businesses afloat.



3. He is very, VERY giving. He works hard to be loyal and take care of the people that are important in his life. As I write this, with everything else he has to do, he is on his way downtown to take gas to our neighbor who is stranded and can't reach her husband.

2.  I can share anything with him and know that he loves me unconditionally. I couldn't ask for anything more.

1.  He is my best friend and I love sharing all of life's experiences with him.



Happy Valentine's Day Mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment