Friday, February 4, 2011

good golly tamale..

Wednesday the 2nd was the day I was to make tamales for everyone after finding the Baby Jesus in the Rosca de Reyes. If you are COMPLETELY confused please refer back to this post. I must confess I did not hand make any tamales. Actually Mark went and bought some for me. But I did give them to our crew leader, Carlos, who seemed much appreciative and happy I participated in this tradition.

The tamales were awesome. I had no idea how to cook them. I heated them in the oven and then tried to fry/toast them on either side.
We then realized that the outer shell is a corn husk I don't think you are supposed to eat. Our family had the worst (nutrition wise) dinner. We had some of the tamales, nachos and of course some guacamole... which we ate all of it! Everything was so good though!



The funny thing is is that one of the Baby Jesus figurines has become Gavin's new favorite toy. I think it fell off my bulletin board and Gavin claimed it as his own. We find him in the weirdest places. Playing in Gavin's rollipop...

In candles, under the dog beds. Actually Gavin said that Baby Jesus was hiding under the dog beds. Didn't know Baby Jesus was so mischievous!! I never thought I would be yelling across my house to some one that I think I saw Baby Jesus on the couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment