Saturday, January 8, 2011

let the good luck roll...

I know I said I was going to post more on Christmas... I will... even though I know it is already January 8th, but I wanted to share some good news that we received this week. First of all, I want to thank everyone for all your sweet comments of encouragement about baby baking. After posting about my trip to the hospital I have heard from many of you readers and I thank you for all the good thoughts being sent my way! Dramatic lectures DO make me stressed, but it is always nice to hear people are sending positive thoughts your way.

We got more good news this week about Little Girl Bower to be. Mark and I went to see the perinatologist this past Wednesday and got a great report! Everything is going well so far. A perk of my appointment was that we got to see our sweet girl again. The tech, who is so sweet, tried to get a shot of her face while performing the ultrasound. Just as we thought she was not going to cooperate she turned her head and looked right into the camera to give us a beautiful view of her face. We could see her eyes, like she was looking right at us, and she was blinking. The only way to describe it is amazing. I am already in love.



me and baby 26 weeks
I actually went shopping with a friend today who introduced me to the fun of shopping for a baby girl. OH MY!!! I tried to contain myself the best I could, but I did bring home a good amount of the most precious clothes.

On Thursday AND Friday I received more good news. I have come to learn that January 6th is the Day of Kings. In the Spanish and Hispanic culture they celebrate the day the three wisemen arrived to visit the Baby Jesus. Our crew leader, Carlos, brought us a special sweet bread called Rosca de Reyes. It is huge and yummy!



Gavin likes it too! Baked inside the bread is a figurine of the Baby Jesus and whoever finds it receives good luck for the whole year.

Guess who found it immediately?!! ME!!! The funny thing is the next day I cut into another piece of bread and I found a second figurine. I thought each loaf only had one so I guess I get even extra luck this year! You know what I thought of first to use my luck on? Baking that precious baby girl of course. :) I also found out that the person who finds the figurine makes tamales on the second of February. I am not really sure why, but I guess I will be looking up recipes on how to make tamales soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment