Monday, January 24, 2011

bear on...

In this crazy life we lead wouldn't it be nice to have something that immediately gives you peace and comfort? Well, Gavin has found his. It is a teal colored fuzzy bear that he has to have attached to his back while he sleeps! The bear is actually quite special. My sister gave it to me when I was on bed rest with my last pregnancy. It was blessed at a special teddy bear service at some church my sister did a story about. The bear is now Gavin's. He used to play with it. I started tucking it into the back of his shirt and he would pretend take the teddy bear on a piggy back ride. Now the bear is a special part of his sleep time routine. When either Mark or I are tucking him into bed Gavin says, "Bear on." and we tuck the Bear's arms into the neck of his pj's. Gavin and the Bear both get tucked inside his blankets and fall asleep peacefully together.



At first Mark and I would laugh and shake our heads at this weird ritual. I told this odd tale to my mom who aahhhed and said that she bets the bear on Gavin's back makes him feel safe and secure. How sweet is that?! Now I am jealous and some nights I wish I could borrow the bear and let all of my fears and stresses be blocked away. Maybe I will start saying to Mark as we head to sleep now, "Bear on, please." :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture you sent me of Gavin with the bear. I set it on our built-in, and every time I walk by and see it, the picture just makes me feel peaceful.

    ReplyDelete