Saturday, January 29, 2011

whistle while you work...

I have to admit, I am writing this post while my family is busily working and I am... resting... well, working on baking baby! Thank goodness for families! I thought I would take this time to share with you the bathroom that Mark and I did finish this past week. I think it turned out pretty good. We still have to finish a few last details, but here is the overall product.

This fabric for the shower curtain was my inspiration for the whole design. I bought it years ago when Mark and I remodeled and flipped a condo in downtown Atlanta. I found the fabric at HomeGoods and Mark's grandma artfully sewed the curtain for us to stage the condo to sell. I have been saving it hoping to use it since!

 Notice Mark's great beadboard work!


I added some of the extra plaid fabric to two existing curtains. Please, if you ever come to my house DO NOT look closely at the sewing job!

 This is our guest bathroom, but it is also the bathroom for one current and one future kiddo so I wanted to make some kid friendly art. I bought some fun patterned paper at the craft store and made four collages of whales.

Now, like I said, everyone is busy working on new projects. Mark, my dad and uncle are working on a new speaker system and my mom is painting this room getting it ready to be worthy for a sweet little boy. Yes, Gavin is moving out of his crib this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment