Saturday, April 9, 2011

welcome teagan grace...

Sorry I haven't blogged about our exciting news! I actually have so much to share from the past week and a half! I have to admit any free moment I have I have been choosing sleep over blogging... you have to understand! I will start my next few posts by introducing you to our newest family member and her birthday.

March 28th came in with a storm like a lion and we ended up with a lamb!

The storm we had here woke me up very early in the morning on Monday the 28th. I felt different, like Teagan was ready to come that day, so I actually got up and walked around the house. I watched the rain pour down, the lighting and the thunder. I actually got in bed with Gavin for a little bit and I am so glad I did because it was pretty sweet cuddling him. I got back in bed and started counting contractions at 5:00 am, called my doctor at 5:30 and headed to the hospital. We got to the hospital a little before 7 and Teagan was born at 9:03 am. I know, very fast. I don't know if it is my body or my children, but my babies don't waste any time! Gavin was quick too. When it is time they are ready to join the world!! The nurse told me I only pushed 2 times, but I think it was more like 3 or 4. However many pushes it took, this is the reward we were blessed with...

 Mark cutting the umbilical cord
and they brought her straight to us. something we didn't get to experience with gavin because he was born pre-term.
 it was a beautiful moment...

 i am so grateful to my doctor and nurses for taking all these photos for us.
 first frown face. i think she is wondering if she made a bad decision to come out...
 proud daddy...
 and nana...
 and grandpa...




 i love these pictures of mark's mom. how happy is her face?!

 big brother gavin was so excited to get his hands on his new sister...
 the baseball was a gift from teagan to gavin. it now gets proudly placed on his bookshelf!


 i can't believe we are a family of four!




 mark's grandma is over the moon to have a great-granddaughter...

 and finally we got to take her home...
 and this was waiting for us on the front door...

I promise, more to come, but now I have got to get a nap in!!

3 comments:

  1. We love the Bowers!! I'm all teary eyed now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it kristy!!! so happy for you! she is precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so beautiful! thank you for sharing these sweet pictures, feel well and get some rest!

    ReplyDelete