Thursday, April 14, 2011

momma victory...

Every Monday my cousin posts on her blog an entry called "Momma Mondays". She uses this spot to post a mommy success story while trying to figure everything else out. I think it is a great idea because us moms can be so critical of ourselves. Well even though it is Thursday I am celebrating a momma victory!

I work hard in instilling good habits and behaviors in my children, well really just Gavin still... Teagan is still a little blob like!! I have always followed the book series Babywise with Gavin and plan to with Teagan. There is some controversy over these books, but they fit well with what we want for our family and have always served us great. I am now on Toddlerwise with Gavin and something the book recommends is room time. The series recommends using a playpen when children our younger for individual play time. Of course as they grow out of that they graduate to their room. I just started room time with Gavin a few months ago and it began as him playing in his room, by himself, for just 15 minutes. I pick out 4-5 special toys and activities for him to choose from. He has now worked up to about 30-40, I stress-- on a good day, which is great. Yesterday I tried feeding Teagan during Gavin's special room time (we call it special). I am excited to say it worked! I was able to feed Teagan peacefully without Gavin climbing all over us AND without turning on the TV!! Yay for a momma victory!!

I was so excited I took a picture to document that the boy was happy too!



And guess what... it worked again today too!! Yippy!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Momma!! My momma victory for today has been getting Sophie to nap even though she fought it for 30 minutes. Darn Babywise always seems to work! Now I can go finish some curtains on the sewing machine :)

    ReplyDelete