Saturday, April 23, 2011

hippity hoppity easter is on its way...

I am making this post quick because this momma is tired! But I wanted to share this stuff before it was old news!

We have been busy getting ready for the Easter Bunny. Here is what we have been up to this week...

Gavin's big new skill he is proud of is cutting with scissors... so he made and Easter basket where he cut pieces of green paper for grass and made glitter eggs to add. What kid doesn't love glitter? He had so much fun using the glitter he made one more big egg. He was very excited about the BIG egg. He is into anything big, especially getting BIG chips. :)




On Friday the kids and I (that sounds so weird!) made Easter treats.

I tried to go simple with everything this holiday. Life with a newborn is a bit crazy so we just made Rice Krispi treats and added Easter M & M's. Gavin loved stirring the marshmallows as they melted. The only problem was the M & M's all broke apart in the process of mixing and they are pretty sweet, but I will say the pan is already half way gone.

Today we dyed eggs. Mark and I felt pretty good that we survived dying eggs with a 2 year old. And yes, you will notice Teagan would not let us leave her out of the big activity.






 ...explaining to baby sister about the process.
 ...check out that tongue!
 We did have one spill right after this last picture. Luckily it was the yellow dye on the dark wood floors. Whew.

Tonight before Gavin's bedtime we placed the Easter eggs outside for the Easter bunny along with a carrot.


I have to say the boy is so pumped for this holiday. He has been talking all week that the Easter bunny is coming. I am pretty excited too and must go. A little girl needs to be fed soon and I won't think about through the night yet! We are headed to sunrise service tomorrow on the beach, my favorite part of Easter. Hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment