Monday, November 15, 2010

pumpkin bread...

My mom is coming this afternoon and I am SO excited. It has been way too long and I can't wait till she arrives! I wanted to make something yummy for us to enjoy while she is here, so once Gavin gets up from his nap we are going to make pumpkin bread. Yum! I craved this recipe while I was pregnant with Gavin like there was no tomorrow. Hopefully he will enjoy it outside of my belly as much as he did in!

Pumpkin Bread

Combine Dry Ingredients:

2 cups sifted self-rising flour (I have to admit, I never sift)
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon allspice

Add:

1 cup canned pumpkin
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup butter or margarine/melted
1/2 cup apricot nectar
1 teaspoon maple flavoring

Pour batter into pan and bake 60-70 minutes at 350 degrees.

** Note: I do bake this in a flower pot bread pan that I have. If you bake this in a normal bread pan I would keep a close eye on the baking time.

Enjoy!

And since I don't have a picture of the bread yet I will leave you with this picture of the little guy who probably is much like this right now. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment