Sunday, November 7, 2010

halloween hauntings...

What a week! I can't believe Halloween was a week ago! The weeks seems such like a blur! I will explain...

We had a wonderful Halloween. Halloween morning we of course carved our pumpkin. Gavin picked out his design from three choices and Mark carved it out. Gavin and I scooped all the gunk out and Mark prepared the seeds to roast. And I think the seeds were the best I ever made (if I can say so myself)! I tossed them with a little olive oil and kosher salt, roasted them at 300 degrees for 45 minutes and they were ready to eat. Yum!





Here is Gavin's completed costume. If you can't guess... he is the bear Corduroy from the classic children's book series. He loves those books and I wanted him to be something he liked.




We took him to the Children's Garden in downtown Sarasota. It was perfect for him because he could walk through the garden and trick-or-treat and got to enjoy seeing other kids in their costumes. There was a scary pirate though that Mark said got too into his part...








calmly running for his life...
He has been talking about this pirate ALL week. The guy was handing out candy eyeballs... so he would say, "do you want me eye". So all week Gavin has been talking about the man with the eye. Geez... poor little guy!
After the garden we returned home to have hot dogs with Mark's family (a tradition of his childhood). We also visited a few of our close neighbors which was fun.

Tuesday was my birthday and I had a great one. Gavin and I went to his class at Forty Carrots together, which I LOVE, Mark brought home my favorite-- Anna's sandwiches for lunch from their shop on Siesta, and Mark and I went to a very nice dinner on St. Armands to Crab and Fin. I had stone crab claws!! And then Cold Stone for dessert!!! Too fun!

After Tuesday things went kindda downhill in our house. Mark and I came down with very bad sinus infections. I know... Mark had to tell a customer he canceled an appointment with andf she said yuck! I have never felt so much pressure in my face. I thought I was going to go insane! All I wanted to do was scratch off my skin to relieve some pressure! It was pretty comical the two of us, so pathetic, going to the doctor together on Friday. Gavin had a sleep over with his Grandma this weekend. I know it was for the best, but I miss him desperately. He is headed home shortly!

Hoping today is the start to a much better... healthier week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment