Thursday, November 11, 2010

growing...

I had to share this shot of our pumpkin seed we planted at the Children's Garden not even two weeks ago...



Can you believe it!!! Gavin and I planted this the Friday before Halloween and the little thing is growing like crazy! It made me start to think about how, with a little care, things can grow beyond your highest expectations. We are slowly getting settled in and re-acquainted with our life in Florida. The only things left unpacked are the garage and pictures on walls. We have gotten together with friends and have started to make new ones. It is wonderfully comforting to have our family close by and see them often. Life is good and we are savoring its peaceful pace. I feel as if we are finding a new fondness for our old hometown. With the care we are taking in growing our home and life a peaceful happiness is sprouting. Now don't get me wrong... when I heard that it is snowing today in Colorado my heart did pang a bit, but I will focus on enjoying a sweet walk with the family tonight in the nice cool Florida air.

Now I just have to figure out what to do with this pumpkin plant that is taking over my kitchen window!

No comments:

Post a Comment