Tuesday, May 31, 2011

welcome summer...

Yesterday was Memorial Day and even though we associate this holiday with the start of summer I tried to not forget what the day is really set aside for. I watched CBS Sunday morning yesterday and saw a story about how the best quality marble from the largest quarry in Vermont is set aside for the gravestones of fallen soldiers. I thought it was a beautiful story and made me think about how to honor those who make the ultimate sacrifice.

We did celebrate the beginning of summer though. I thought I would share our day through pictures so here you go...

 We started out our day with macadamia nut and coconut pancakes. (I just chop the nuts and add them and flaked coconut to pancake mix). We top them off with bananas and coconut syrup. The syrup is from Hawaii and we are dangerously low. Luckily Mark found out you can order it on line, but a  grocery trip to the islands would be much more fun!

We then headed outside to enjoy some of this...



 and Gavin did some surfing...



Little sis just looked on...
 the dogs swam too...
 Fisher did this seriously ALL day...



 Gavin after his nap. He was pooped...
 ...but mustered up the energy to jump in the pool again!
 Mark made kabobs for dinner...
 We didn't head inside until bedtime! Needless to say everyone is recovering today!

No comments:

Post a Comment