Sunday, May 15, 2011

happy days...

“Every baby deserves a party”. This is a quote from a family friend that I think is absolutely true. Every baby deserves happiness for their arrival and time to celebrate their birth. Well, Teagan received just that last Saturday.



 I had been nervous to have a shower due to my history of pregnancy complications. I didn’t want friends to make plans to drive or fly in from around the country for me in the event I went on bed rest. Instead my sister and mom planned a small, sweet shower for me in February that, yes we had to postpone until last Saturday. It was the perfect party with the wonderful women in our family. And I actually loved having Teagan there to enjoy her party too!

Last Sunday we celebrated Mother’s Day. I felt very lucky to celebrate this day with my two special kids. Poor Gavin wasn't feeling his best. You can totally tell in the pictures, but he made it through the day to make it special. Mark and Gavin made me banana macadamia nut pancakes with coconut syrup. Yum! We ate out by the pool which was very relaxing. For lunch I was taken out to Word of Mouth for a very delicious salad and scone. We ended the day by going to the beach for dinner with Mark’s family. It was a beautiful night.



 We even got to see the drum circle on Siesta Beach. 




 I had never been, but will definitely be going back! Mark and I both laughed. We thought the same thing. It was great to see this gathering of eclectic people on Siesta. We both said how it made the part of our souls that belong in the mountains of Colorado happy to see these hippyish people beating away on their drums. It is no formal group. Anyone can join in who wants to bring a bongo! I joked with my Dad who used to play the drums that he should join them! Check out the lady with the big green scarf. She was feelin' it!!
But my boy did break my heart a bit… on Mother’s Day even! Gavin left his Mommy for a girlfriend at the beach… two actually! It was really too cute!

He went right up to these girls, played and then brought them back to introduce to Mom and Dad. When their date was over he hugged both of them goodbye. I told my mother in law I now know how it feels to see your boy find a new girl that he thinks is wonderful! The next day we were talking about his friends and I asked them what their names were. He thought for a moment and then stated, yellow and purple! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment