Friday, May 27, 2011

homemade nutella...

Gavin, Teagan and I got home from the park this afternoon to find this on our doorstep...


Gavin's girlfriend, Julia, who lives across the street come to give him some homemade Nutella! My friend, Julia's mom of course, had told me of this recipe and I am excited to share it with you. If you don't know what Nutella is it is a rich, chocolate and hazelnut spread used in Europe like peanut butter. My friend and her husband are both European and she got this recipe from a friend. It is also very healthy! Now if you are expecting this to tast just like Nutella you won't be overjoyed, but it is SO good and a fun, tasty alternative to peanut butter

Homemade Nutella

1 cup chickpeas/gorbonzo beans
(add water and soak over night and cook the next day)

In the blender or food processor mix:
chickpeas, cacao or cocoa powder, honey and 1 Tbs. butter until well mixed
** you add the amount or cacao and honey to your tastes. My friend used with 1 cup chickpeas-- 2 1/2 Tbs. honey and 1 Tbs. cocoa. You can also add more butter to make it creamier.

I took the "Nutella" and spread it over Ezekiel/Sprouted bread for Gavin's lunch.


I love this bread because it is a great source of protein. You can find it in the frozen bread section at the grocery store.

as you can see by his full mouth he dug it...

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment