Saturday, June 18, 2011

headed west...

I am being bad. The kids are sleeping, Mark is paddleboarding and instead of picking up the house I am blogging. Is it just me, or do your weekends do a dozy on your house? We had a relaxing Saturday morning and there are still dishes to do and c*&@# every where to pick up! I had to take a moment for myself and write this because I am so excited to share...

In less than a month our family is headed west to Colorado. If you have just started reading this blog we started a business in the mountains of Colorado just a little over 2 years ago. It is very seasonal so we have decided to spend most of our time in Florida where most of our businesses are, but head to the mountains in the summer to work... and play! Here is where we are headed...


Summit County Colorado!!

I am sad to leave our families and friends in Florida, but we are only leaving for two months... just in time to see the aspen trees change. And we have friends and family I am anxious and super excited to see out there! I also can't wait to hike, go to festivals and enjoy nights out on the deck roasting marshmellows. No joke, this is our backyard!


I am very excited!

I know some people wonder why the heck we would want to pack up and go to Colorado for 2 months, especially with a 2 year old AND a 3 month old. Well, this is what our pursuit is about. Mark and I agreed when we got married that we wanted to have a life full of experiences. I will admit that we are very much enjoying living back in Florida, but I believe change is good. The words of one of my favorite songs by the Indigo Girls goes like this, "I sailed my ship of safety until I sank it." and I believe that is true. I think in order to learn more about life people, the world and most importantly yourself sometimes you have to leave your comfort zone. It makes you grow more. So that is what we are doing. Life will be more crazy these next few weeks getting ready, but it will be worth it. A summer in the mountains? I'll take it. You wanna join us?
Wanna come visit??!!

1 comment: