Tuesday, June 21, 2011

father's day? ...rain check

On Sunday Mark was... a father. He cared for our children while I... puked. That is right everybody, I was sick as a dog sick. Mark joked at the end of the day that the collection of stuff on my nightstand looked liked extreme measures were being taken to keep me alive. I had planned a wonderful day for the most well deserving father, but we are going to take a rain check on those plans. And just as I was beginning to do better Sunday afternoon... Mark got sick. Blah!! Poor dad.

Have you ever watched Jimmy Fallon do his thank you note segment on the Late Show? It is hilarious! He writes ridiculous thank you notes with the cheesiest, dramatic music playing in the background. The segment makes me laugh hard, like bust out Bahhah laugh! Well here is my thank you note from Sunday.:

Thank you ice, Gatorade and Vernor's for helping my belly and re-hydrating my weak body
Thank you Joan... AKA Grandma for taking your grandson away from us. I know he would have been yelling for me to play airplane cars while I hung over the toilet.
Thank you good natured and good sleeping Baby Teagan for taking marathon naps that day.
Thank you sweet dogs Polly and Fisher for sitting patiently in your crate so you were not instead jumping and bouncing on the bed.
Thank you Ramen Noodles, even though you are so nasty, you were the only food that I could tolerte until today.
And finally, thank you to my husband for laughing with me about our agony and anguish.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment