Sunday, December 19, 2010

christmas will come...

A very close family friend of ours would always say the title of this post, "Christmas will come" and I remember how it would always make my mom laugh. Now I understand why... as everyone stresses out if the shopping, cooking, baking, wrapping will be done for the 25th you have to remember if you don't finish something Christmas will still come. It is ok if you only bake one batch of Christmas cookies or decide to shortcut a recipe for Christmas dinner Christmas will still come and you should enjoy it. Well... I am trying to keep that mantra alive while I attempt to get everything done in time for Christmas. Gavin is sick, really snotty, coughy and fever sick. Ugh. And I am trying to bake baby as I posted last time. Well, for everyone who is trying hard to get ready for Christmas to come here is a VERY easy recipe that you can make for a dinner this week.

Real Simple Shepherd's Pie (From Real Simple magazine)

1 1/2 lbs. ground turkey
1 1.2 ounce pkg. chicken gravy mix (such as Knorr)
1 10 oz package frozen peas, thawed
1 20 oz package mashed potaotes (such as Simply Potatoes)
1/4 to 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano (I am generous with this)

Heat oven to 350 degrees. I a large skillet, cook the turkey until it is no longer pink. Add the gravy mix and 1 cup water. Stir frequently until the sauce comes to a boil; cook 1 minute. Lightly coat a 9 in. square baking dish or 4 16 oz baking dishes with vegetable cooking spray. Spoon in the turkey. Top with the peas, then the mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with the Pecorino Romano. Bake 20 minutes or until heated through and the top is golden.

Yield: Makes 4 servings

Good Luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment